Tuesday, December 6, 2011

So what - Nun or None !

Every day I take a walk to the station and then catch a bus to my office. Today I found an leprosy patient sitting and begging on the street. This reminded me the incident that I witnessed in Mumbai .

Mumbai is a dream city, no doubt about it. Everyone who comes and get adjusted to Mumbai, does not like to leave the city. The city is vibrant. I miss now. You dream and you work hard either through hook or crook, you can realize your dreams.

Every Wednesday, you find large number of people attending the hourly prayer service at Mahim Church, It is believed if you pray their for nine weeks your petitions will be heard and you wll be blessed. Our needs does not get satisfied, one is satisfied, automatically we want much more .

It was one of those Wednesdays, it was around 11:00 am busy weekday. On the way to the Mahim church we find lot of people of various ages begging. As I was walking, I found a person who had lot of wounds and foul smell. As I about to pass through him, I noticed a Nun with a bucket of water alighting from a jeep. I found little strange, by her dress I could make out she belonged to Missionary of charity congregation. Suddenly a large crowd gathered near that place.

Believe it or not,


I was stunned to see the nun giving bath to the person who was actually having leprosy. I just watched as others did, she gave bath has if she was giving morning bath to a new born baby. The gesture is still in my heart and I felt like crying. She applied powder dressed the wounds and went in search of others to whom she can serve.

Bottom line


Can I do that way ?

I should confess I am selfish, i do not have that guts, I live for ourselves. Leave giving bath, we shove away the beggars


These nuns leave their family and serve the downtrodden with love and care! They are my heroes. I salute them their belief and their motto. I can understand what compromise, sacrifice they might have given. Money is not everything. !

I can just pray that God give these selfless nuns internal strength, attitude of courage and experience of love and Gods Blessing.


  Off course this world curse them !

So what?? Right !

No comments:

Post a Comment